We are so blessed to be receiving new support from experts and specialists at hospitals and clinics accross Canada. The word is getting out about the effectiveness of BioXtra Dry Mouth Products. Pharmacies are finding out about our products and calling us to set up accounts. We ship directly to pharmacies every day. If your favourite pharmacy does not carry BioXtra please send us a note at email@example.com with the address and contact information of your preferred local pharmacy location. We will call them for you. Or you can tell them that they should cal us and set up an account to start stocking theBioXtra line of products.
What Causes Dry Mouth?
Xerostomia is dryness of the mouth caused by a change in saliva composition or production. The Australian Dental Journal released a 2009 study that reported 1 in every 5 people experience symptoms of dry mouth, being especially prevalent in the elderly.
Dry Mouth can have a debilitating impact on the dental health and quality of life in sufferers. If you are looking for Dry Mouth relief click here.
With Dry Mouth being surprisingly common, it is helpful to take a look at the most frequent causes of Xerostomia.
1. Medications Hundreds of medications have been associated with Dry Mouth in patients. Use of multiple medications increases likelihood of Xerostomia by 40%. Many patients use medications that cause them oral discomfort in order to manage their other ailments. In trying to alleviate an affliction, medications can create imbalance in the microenvironment of the mouth and cause discomfort.
2. Radiation Therapy Radiation Therapy of the neck and head can cause Xerostomia by affecting the salivary glands. A 2001 study found that dry mouth is one of the most common late side effects of radiation therapy of the head and neck.
3. Dehydration Dehydration, can cause dry mouth by forcing your body to conserve fluids through lowering its production of saliva. This means that any cause of dehydration can be associated with Xerostomia. A 1992 study found that 43% of diabetics complained of Xerostomia along with symptoms of water loss.
4. Sjögren Syndrome Sjögren Syndrom is an autoimmune disease affecting the body’s glands that regulate moisture. The disease is known to cause discomfort due to dryness of the eyes and mouth. The cause of Sjögren Syndrome is unclear, but restoring saliva production can cause immense relief for those who are affected.
5. Snoring & Mouth Breathing When you’re asleep, your body produces less saliva as the muscles in your face are more relaxed. Snoring or breathing through the mouth while sleeping causes air to dry out the low amount of saliva that your body is producing during the night.
Unaddressed Xerostomia can lead to dental and digestive problems that lead to a lowered quality of life.
Are you constantly thirsty? Do you have difficulty swallowing? If so, looking into a dry mouth oral care regiment could benefit you!
For Dry Mouth relief look into BioXtra oral care products.
BioXtra uses natural enzymes to promote saliva production and maintain dental health.
Click Here to shop BioXtra.